So, I had a lot to write about today but my eyes are so tired I can hardly keep them open. I do want to write down a few things before I forget them and I will give the rest of the story hopefully tomorrow.
We had State Conference this weekend and the meetings were really good. With everything that is going on with Saige (will explain later) it was a great weekend to think and reflect. A few highlights for me were Sister Hawkins testimony last night in the adult session. She spoke about how miracles haven't ceased and that trials are given to us to help us in our progression. These are things that I have heard before but when you are actually faced with a big challenge you look at thinks differently. I thought about how that just having the girls here is a miracle in itself. Then, all of the other things: they have had no complications thus far from being born so premature, they have perfect eyesight, they remember EVERYTHING, they have been ahead of their age group in learning, they have had no lung or breathing problems, they have no physical evidence of being born so early. Each of these things are truly a miracle.
We sang the song, "Come, Come, Ye Saints". I have sung this song a thousand times. It is a very powerful song that almost always moves me to tears but today the second verse really stuck out to me:
Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
'Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to earn a great reward
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.
Our God will never us forsake;
And soon we'll have this tale to tell —
All is well! All is well!
It made me have a whole new perspective. Why should we be sad and feel picked on? We shouldn't-all is right. Why should we think that we deserve something better if we give up now? Get to work-renew your courage. GOD WILL NOT LET US GO THROUGH THESE THINGS ALONE. Afterwords, we will be able to use our experiences to help others along and all these experiences will add up to the stories of our lives.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment