Saturday, January 15, 2011

Funny, Funny, Funny

Oh my! We have had some crazy conversations at our house lately.
Let's start with Saige.
The girls have started playing basketball at their school. They are on the green team. I wrote about it a bit on our other blog so I won't here but tonight we were sitting at dinner and Saige said, "Hey Mom. Do you know what team we are on?"
I said, "yep-the green team".
She said, "I mean what city".
I said, "What?"
She said, "We are on the Jersey team".
Brett said, "You mean like New Jersey?"
She said, "Yep-because we wear Jerseys"
I thought that was SO cute.

Madi has had a LOT of questions about baby stuff lately. A few days ago at the dinner table she said, "Mom. When you have the babies, they are going to drink from your bobbies, huh?"
I was a bit taken back but answered, "yes".
She said, "Well, is there a hole in them or something?"
I said, "yes".
She said, "Where is the hole? Is it in this pointy part?" (pointing to her own)
I said, "yes".

Just tonight, we were reading scriptures and we read the story in the Old Testament about Jacob and Esau. I didn't realize before that they are twins. So, without remembering that the girls were right there listening, I said to Brett, "how did she know that she had a second baby in her after the first one came out?"
He said, "well, her uterus would continue to contract and then she would get the urge to push again."
Madi said, "She couldn't put hard enough to make a hole"
Brett said, "a hole where?"
Madi, "A hole in her tummy"!
Brett said, "babies come out of private parts"
Madi said, "the ones in the front? (then pointing to her boobs said) "this one, or this one?"
Brett said, "down by your bum."
This led to a whole lot of other questions.
I was kind of mad that we had this conversation because I have always told them (and have been so glad that I could tell them) that the doctor just cuts a hole in your tummy and pulls the baby out. One very good thing about having a c-section.

My personal favorite is a conversation we had in the car this week.
Madi said, "hey mom, what's the name of that school that you go to when your are older?"
After thinking for a while I said, "do you mean college?"
She said, "Yep. I'm not going to go there".
I said, "Yes you are or your won't be able to get a very good job when you are older."
She said, "that's okay. I'm just going to work with Dad anyway."
I said, "Daddy had to go to college for a REALLY long time to do what he does."
She said, "you mean he had to go to college to be able to stick his arm up the cows bum?"
I said, "Yep". (while trying not to laugh)
She said, "well, that's okay. I don't really want to do that anyway"!

The other morning, Madi crawled into bed with me before school. It was 6 a.m. and I was SO tired. This is ALWAYS the time that she asks me a deep doctrinal question. She said, "Mom, do you love Satan?"
I said, "NO!" Then I rolled over hoping that this was the end.
She said, "But he is our brother".
I said, "yes-but he didn't follow Heavenly Father and he tries to get us to do bad things".
She said, "does Heavenly Father still love satan?"
I had no idea what to say. Her questions like this ALWAYS lead up to a question I can't answer. I think I said something like, "He probably does because he is his son. But, he does bad things and he chose to not follow the plan. You are my daughter and I would love you even if you made bad choices but I would be very disappointed in you and would be very sad. Now, please let me sleep for 10 more minutes!"

No comments: