Thursday, February 17, 2011

Family Visit

My whole family (minus Shad and Chance) just came for a fun visit. They all came on Monday, February 7th (got here pretty late). Jade went back on the 9th, my Dad, Stef, and Mia went back on the 11th, and I just took my Mom to the airport yesterday. She is going to Vegas to stay with Stef for a few days. It was so fun to have them here and the time went by so quickly. When I got back from the airport, Brett said that the girls had been crying because they were sad that Grandma left. I told them that it was okay because I had cried at the airport when I left her. Madi said, "Mom, did anyone see you crying?"
I said, "Yep-probably."
She said, "How embarrassing"!!!
I told her that I didn't if anyone saw me. She gets embarrassed so easily.
Jade and Dad spent Tuesday at the Farm Show and they loved it. We have been begging them to come to it since we moved here. I am so glad they finally did. They were pretty tired when they came home that night-my Dad could hardly walk because his hip was hurting so bad and Jade complained the entire next day that his legs hurt.
We mostly hung around the house because the girls were sick the entire time. We have had the worst time keeping them healthy. They have been sick 3 times this winter (so far). We played 5 crowns and Rook.
Anyway, on Thursday Stef, Mia, Dad, and I went to Ikea. It was fun and we got to eat at Chevy's. It's one of our favorite places-we all order the flautas. Stef couldn't decide about which bookcase to get at Ikea and my Dad was laughing at her. He told her that she gets her indecisiveness from Mom. We both got it because we have a very hard time making decisions.
My favorite story from the trip was when we ordered in PF Changs. We were sitting around the table having a prayer and I heard Mia start to choke. I looked up just in time to see Stef pull a VERY LONG noodle from her mouth. It just kept coming and coming. I looked at my Dad and he had his eyes opened too and we all three busted up laughing. We couldn't stop. It was like she pulled it from way down in her stomach.
My Mom and Dad also talked a lot about their parents and grandparents while they were here. I wish I would have taken some notes on the stories they told. I do remember one and I hope that I will be able to think of the others in the next few days. The one I remember was my Dad told us that his Grandpa Delbert used to load up his grand kids and put them in his truck on Sunday afternoons. He would then take them to his store (Kenz) down on main street and let them all pick out some candy. Then he would haul them and all of their bikes up Lost Creek and they would ride their bikes down the 'trail' back to town. He said that he would take them clear up to the spring. That is a LONG ride and the road is very bumpy! You have to cross the creek bed several times. I bet their moms were glad to have them gone for a few hours and then get them back tired!
When Stef and Dad left Mia said to me, "Can Rollie come too?" She liked him a lot this time and wasn't afraid of him at all. Stef said that when they got to Vegas, Mia started crying and said, "NO-Not Mia's house. I want to go to Nat Nat's house"!
I LOVE THAT!

No comments: