Aren't they cute?!
I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.
I have so many things to write about. I have been keeping a list in my iPhone. I have time to write a few things today because I have had the flu all day. Throwing up like crazy. Thankfully Martha is here-she has been taking care of everyone all day.
Most of these are just random things about the kids in no particular order.
*Dalton (a long time ago) LOVED things that spin. He would stare at the mobile and the ceiling fan for hours. Sydney started to like them too. So funny the things that entertain babies.
*For awhile Dalton had fingers that were double jointed. It was pretty cool. I haven't noticed it lately.
*On August 1, 2011, Sydney weighed 8 lbs. 8 oz.
*I was thinking the other day about some of the Temple trips we used to take to Spokane when we lived in Pullman. We went a few times with Luke and Melissa Peterson and we had so much fun. We would go to the session and then eat dinner at this weird Irish restaurant. They had great fried zucchinni and pie. Then we would go down the street to this weird store called White Elephant. They had the most random things: games and toys, collectables, and army surplus stuff. We had fun finding crazy things. I don't know if we ever bought anything. Oh, the good old days...
*Mom, Dad, and Stef were here at some point after the babies were born and we got talking about water beds. What a crazy idea they were. We got laughing SO hard! Mom and Dad had a water bed when we were growing up in our old house and we thought we were so cool! Who thought that putting that much water in a house was a good idea? So Funny!
*Both babies slept 7 hours on 8/8/11. Don't know what happened since then. Dalton is really giving us fits. He wants to eat all night. Not just nurse to go back to sleep either. He eats a FULL meal-eats off both sides. He is making me SO SO SO tired. Syd has slept through the night for 2 months now. She has turned into such a good baby. She started out having such a hard time with reflux and now she is the happiest, most patient baby I have ever seen. She is SO cute. We love them both so much. Even though Dalton is not sleeping, he couldn't be cuter.
*On 8/13/11 I got in the pool for the first time of the season (spent the summer prego and then busy with babies). I put on my swimming suit that would fit best and headed out to the pool. Madi an Saige were already out there and when I walked up Madi said, "Mom, you look SO cute"!
I felt like the cutest mom in the world (even though we all know that is not the case) until she continued, "You only look a little bit pregnant"! I love the honesty in kids. It is refreshing-most of the time.
*Back in Sept. Saige said, "Madi, you are my favorite sister. Oh yea! And Sydney too"!
I is a fear of mine that Sydney will feel left out because her sisters are so much older. But, she is so lucky to have them. They both love the babies so much and are the best big sisters ever. I don't know what I would do without my sister. I am so thankful for her and love her so much.
PS-Dalton is the most spoiled boy ever. His sisters dote over him. The tell him all of the time that "he is the cutest boy in the whole world". I agree.
*About a month after the babies were born, Saige and Madi were sitting on the couch watching TV. Madi reached over and started patting Saige on the back. After a few pats, Saige burped really loud. Madi exclaimed, "MOM, IT REALLY DOES WORK"! I laughed so hard.
*My dad has been trucking a lot lately. They are working SO hard to make their business survive in this tough economy. He hauls a lot of loads to Hemet-potatoes to Larry Miner, and Hay to a dairy down there as well. Anyway, he calls me EVERYTIME he passes the Bakersfield exit off of I-15 in Barstow. I tell him is SO mean that he is this close and doesn't even come to see me (or at least pick me up so I can go home with him)!
*When my mom was here, after the babies were first born, she told me a lot about when my Grandpa Red died. I wish I would have had a recorder to get it all down. I can't imagine how hard that must have been on my mom. She had JUST had Chance and I am sure she didn't feel good and I am sure it was so sad for her. What a difficult thing. One thing that I do remember her telling me is that when he was in a coma, he was given a blessing by my Uncle Lynn. He told him in his blessing that he was being taught the gospel. I wish he were still around. My girls are REALLY into horses right now and I would love to take them over to the farm in Greenville to ride with him. I have lots of good memories of Greenville.
*My dad was set apart as the Stake President a month before Madisen and Saige were born. He was set apart by President Packer. After he finished setting everyone apart, he said that the area would be blessed with the moisture that it desperately needed. As soon as he pulled out of the parking lot, it started to rain. I believe in miracles and the power of the Priesthood.
*When I was a kid, we had a big trash barrel out in the back yard. When it would fill up, dad would go sprinkle some gas on it and and light it on fire. One time my mom looked out and there was a cat going through it. When it lifted it's neck up above the rim, it had a spaghetti sauce jar stuck on it's head. My mom went out and broke the jar but the ring stayed on. It ran away and we never saw it again. I don't know why but I have been remember random things like this lately!
*Both babies started reaching and grabbing things around 10/12/11.
*We all call Dalton "Big D". It is just something we started doing. He smiles when we call him that. When we went to Utah when Chance got home from his mission and my Grandma heard us calling him that she got a little nostalgic and told us that is what everyone used to call my dad. Grandma has a little soft spot for Dalton. I think it is because he reminds him of my dad. She calls him "the back breaker" because one day she helped me for about an hour with him and the next day she could hardly move.
*I don't know if I have written about my Aunt Kae before. She is Grandma Ann's sister that lives in Lynndyl, UT. She is such a fun lady. When we were growing up she would come to Circleville with her car loaded down with supplies to make Gingerbread houses. She would make her own gingerbread and they had lots of fun details: stained glass candy windows, candy ribbons for chimneys, all sorts of things to landscape a gingerbread yard, etc. All of the cousins had so much fun doing it. I called her this year and figured out how to make them. It was fun but not as much fun as it would have been if Kae were there!
*When Dalton was first born (for about the first 2 months) he would cry every time his diaper was wet or poopy. It made it so nice because I always knew when to change him. I thought that he might be one of those funny boys who doesn't like to be dirty. He grew out of it fast and doesn't do it anymore.
* Sydney stopped nursing in September. It was the craziest thing and if I hadn't been there I wouldn't have believed what she did. We were really messing around with things trying to help her. She was on 2 different medicines to help with her acid reflux. She was on a special formula that was SUPER nasty. We were giving her prune juice to help with constipation from the formula. One day she got super hungry and by the time I could feed her she REFUSED to nurse. I thought it was just because she was over-tired and just wanted a bottle. Well, I tried to feed her the next few feedings and she wouldn't take it. So, I gave her a break for about a week. When I tried after that time, she got SO mad at me. This is the part that I wouldn't believe if someone else were telling me this story. She pierced her lips together and cried. Then when I pulled her away a little bit she started yelling at me. She would look at me and yell, "AH!" Really loud. Then again and again. Then for the rest of the day, whenever I would get near her she would do the same thing. Brett got home and I was telling him and he didn't believe me. He was holding her and I walked past and she did it again. We both got laughing so hard. Each time I tried after that she did the same thing. I finally gave up. She just decided she had had enough of us messing with everything and I don't blame her. I pump every 3 hours for her so I hope she appreciates me someday!
She is doing SO SO much better with her reflux. She was SO sick for so long and I am so thankful she is doing better.
*Syd rolled from front to back on Nov 24 and from back to belly on Dec 16. Sorry Dalton. For some reason I didn't write down when you did it. But, you did it before Sydney.
*Dalton got his first tooth on Christmas Eve and the 2nd on Jan 5th.
*Syd got her first tooth on Jan 5th and the second about a week later. Both got their two bottom teeth in first.
*Sydney NEVER stops moving her legs. She must have the strongest stomach mussels. She can hold her legs up for SO long and she is constantly kicking them. Even when she is eating, she is kicking at least one leg the entire time (usually the right leg).

No comments:
Post a Comment