Monday, November 16, 2009

Oct & Nov

Well, he is gone. Gone for two years. No more phone calls or visits. No more late night game sessions. We are sad but I don't think anyone is more sad then my Dad! Mom says he has been moping around since he left. I wrote this in my last letter to Chance and thought for family history purposes I should write it here:

"I don't think anyone misses you more than Dad does. When Stef and I were little (or teenagers, I guess) we would get in BIG TROUBLE for saying the word 'suck'. I actually think Stef got kicked by dad once for saying it! Anyway, every time I talk to him he says, "This Sucks!"
Mom said that he has been moping around the house and that he could hardly bring himself to go elk hunting without you. She also said he started crying in Stake Conference when he started talking about parents that have sent missionaries out. I sent them a copy of the countdown poster that I made, thinking that they would really like it. Dad called me to say, "there sure are a lot of empty circles on that thing".

I asked Stef if she remembered getting kicked and she said she kind of remembers it. She remembers more clearly the time when Ashley Cannon told her to flip someone off (Stef had no idea what it meant). Dad found out about it and told her he would cut her finger off if she ever did it again!

Chance had a nice farewell. Lots of people came and we almost ran out of food! The day before Chance left, Scott came home from his mission in Roseville, CA. It was so fun to be able to see him (and for he and Chance to see each other-even if only for 1 day).

Saying goodbye was so hard. Madi and I were crying. She said, "I just want Chance to still be here so that he can play with us." Saige said, "Madi-we have to let him go or he won't be able to be a missionary!" She is right. Plus-we would all be much more sad if he were not going.
Since then, Madi has said some more cute things. Every time I remind her to pray for him she says, "Please bless Chance that I won't be sad about him!"
Yesterday I sat down to play the piano and just happened to turn to 'Called to Serve'. I started trying to play it and she came and sat by me. She said, "I think I might cry."
I said, "why?"
She said, "Because I know what this song is. It is Called to Serve. And, I know it is a missionary song. And, I know that Chance is a missionary and I really miss him!

We also got to go to Hansen's baby blessing while in Utah. It was so nice to be there. Usually we miss out on things like that. He is so dang cute!!

I got sick when we were in Utah and am STILL sick. It's not the swine flu! I've done 2 rounds of antibiotics, had my blood drawn to check for Valley Fever, and had a chest x-ray to check for pnemonia. I am just now starting to feel a bit better, although, I have bruised ribs from coughing so much and can hardly move. I have never had a cold(or whatever it was) take me out like this before. I am usually so healthy so I have hated being sick for so long. Brett has had to be dad and Mr. mom and I am sure he is sick of taking care of us. I can't wait to feel better so I can get back to normal and take better care of my family.

Mom is still struggling with her feet. I hope the doctors find out what it is soon. She is in a lot of pain and no one can figure out what is wrong with her. I wish I was more help to her.
Roy just had his knee replaced and is doing quite well. Hopefully he can feel better once he gets through the recovery.

The girls turn 5 in one week. I cannot believe it. I hate that they are turning 5. 4 has been (by far) my favorite age. They have been so fun and easy this past year. This year at Disneyland you can get in for free on your birthday. We are taking them-nice to get two free-next Tuesday. Mom and Dad are going to surprise them and meet us there. Stef might come too. Then they will stay for Thanksgiving! I am SO excited. I love when people come to visit.

No comments: