Friday, January 8, 2010

They just keep saying cute things!

We had a wonderful Christmas (and I had a great birthday-Brett gave me the best present EVER. This MAC laptop that I am typing on!!!) and I hope to write more about that later. But tonight I just want to take a quick minute and write about the funny things the girls said today. Let's start with Saige:
The girls are learning to read and, in my humble opinion, they are doing quite well! It is so fun to watch them learn and sound out words. Watching them has made me realize that learning the English language must be really difficult. We spend so much time teaching the sounds that the letters make and then we go to read words and they all make the wrong sounds. Example:
Saige came to me today and said, "Mom, I know how to spell Remund. I know it is with an E. But, I really think it should be an A! I could tell she had put a lot of thought into it! She is right. That and a lot of other words are spelled wrong.
Madisen
Stef gave the girls nail polish, little perfumes, and lip gloss for Christmas. Today I was in the shower and they were sitting in my bathroom putting on the lip gloss and perfume. We were all getting ready to go to Costco to buy our new kitchen nook table. When they were done getting ready, Madi came over to the shower and said, "Mom, I just look so pretty that a boy at Costco is going to want to marry me!" I had to turn around and pretend like I was washing my hair because I was laughing so hard!
It got me thinking...at what point do we girls start to loose our self confidence? Madi and Saige, if you are reading this I want you to NEVER loose your self-confidence. I want you to always think that you are beautiful-because YOU ARE. God made you just the way he wanted you to be and he made you in his own image. Please don't ever think that you aren't cute enough, smart enough, or less of anything. You are AWESOME!

No comments: