November 2- I took a pregnancy test and waited ALL DAY to get the results. I finally called my doctor's office at 3:30 and asked if they had received it. They said that the place here never sent them. We have had nothing but problems with medical stuff in Bakersfield!
Dr. Wilcox called me about 20 minutes later to let me know that I was PREGNANT!
Then came the crazy news. He said that my HCG levels were very very high. He said that if it would have been 50, they would have known that I was pregnant. My levels were 969. He told me that it would indicate twins at around 400. At this point, I was freaking out. So was Brett. The doctor told me to have my blood drawn in another week and then they would see if they leveled out.
That was a very long week. Again, I went in at 7:45 and then waited all day for the results. This time they were at 29,000-freakishly high. The doctor said that he almost fell out of his chair when he saw how high they were. He immediately scheduled an ultrasound for the next day.
We went to Pasadena on the 10th (I think) and saw that there were three embryos that had attached. I was immediately panicking, but then he said that it looked like one wasn't as large and developed as the others and there was a chance it wouldn't make it.
I'm not going to lie-I was hoping that was true. I know that sounds terrible but put yourself in my shoes for a second before you start judging. The chances of me going into preterm labor and having very tiny and sick babies is very high. If I was having triplets, that chance goes even higher and it isn't likely that all 3 would be healthy or even live. We saw some very sad things in the NICU last time and were very fortunate that it was not our children who were suffering. I just didn't like our odds this time.
We went back 10 days later and saw the heartbeats on the two that are viable. The third sack was empty but still growing a placenta. I have been SO SO SO SO SO sick. My body thinks it's pregnant with triplets plus I am still taking all of the hormones so my body is a mess.
Last week I started bleeding so we went back down to pasadena (AGAIN-so sick of that drive)
and one of the placenta's that has a viable baby attached to it is tearing away from the uterine wall. He said there is nothing we can do to prevent it but that I need to only be on light activity. He will check again via ultrasound on the 6th. He said we will probably know then if it is going to survive or not. He told us to not go to Utah for Thanksgiving. I was heartbroken and so was Madi. We cried-alot. She was saying things like, "the doctor is not the boss of us-he is not in charge"!
We finally had to tell them what was going on because she was so upset and everything that she was saying was upsetting me! We had wanted to tell them on their 6th birthday but had to do it 2 days earlier. They were both excited and we are hoping they can keep it a secret for a couple more weeks. I'm only 7.5 weeks along and with everything that is going on I'm just not ready to tell everyone yet.
Why is the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth so dang hard? Why can't we do anything normal? Everything always has to be so complicated.
No comments:
Post a Comment