Friday, March 30, 2012

E for Effort?

I have a lot of catching up to do but I have just a few minutes today to write a funny story about Madi. We have been reading the Book of Mormon as a family. We want to finish it before the girls get baptized in November. It is very difficult-the babies are very distracting and it is not often reverent. When it is my turn, I sometime read really fast to try to get us through it! I am hoping that the Lord will bless us for our effort because I don't know that anyone can even hear what is being read. We have another incentive to finish by the end of the year. Grandma Dalton said that we will do another family Disneyland trip if everyone will read it.
Anyway...last night we were reading Enos. At the end of Enos he talks in a couple of different verses that it is almost time for him to die. He says that it is almost time to go down to the grave (or something like that). Saige asked, "what is a grave?".
I explained.
Then she asked if Great Grandma Remund was in a grave in Midway. I told her that her body was, but her spirit was in heaven. We had a discussion about that (Brett is always gone for these deep discussions-he was at Young Men's). After, Saige said that she had never been to a graveyard then she corrected herself and said, "Cemetery".
Madi said, "Yes we have-a couple of times"!
"When?"
"We go to Glenwood Gardens every year for school."
 I burst into laughter and said, "Madi! That is a retirement home. Those people are still alive"!
She started laughing hysterically and said, "Oh Ya"!
Then we all laughed for a long time. I'm not even sure we finished the last couple verses of Enos.

No comments: