Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pigeons

I've been singing this song to my kids since Madi and Saige were born and I thought I'd better write it down for the future. It is a song that my Grandma Henrie taught me and I remember Holly and Ruth singing it to me when I was little. It goes like this...

"My Pigeon house I open wide, and set the pigeons free
They fly to the hill on every side, and land on the tallest tree
And when they return from their merry, merry flight
They fold their wings and say goodnight
coo-a-roo, coo-a-roo, coo-a-roo, coo-a-roo, coo-a-roo, coo-a-roo, coo-a-roo"

My other favorite goes like this...

There was a boy, and a girl, in a little canoe, with the moon shinin' all around.
He placed his paddle so, it doesn't even make a sound.
And they talked, and they talked, 'til the moon grew dim
And he said, "come on and kiss me, or get out and swim".
So, whatcha gonna do, in a little canoe, with the moon shinin' all a, moon shinin' all a, moon shinin' all around.
GET OUT AND SWIM!
My sings a different version. On the last line he says, "LAY ONE ON HIM"!

These are my 2 favorite songs to sing to my kids. I hope they remember them and are able to sing them to their kids someday.

No comments: