Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Home

Yesterday I decided to walk around the school during swim practice to get some exercise. It was early in the morning and the water was on this hay field next to the school and it made me so homesick I could die. It's almost been a year since I was home and the last time I was there was during chance and jades weddings so it was a whirlwind. I miss the quiet, chilly circleville morning air with the water on the hay. I miss the smells. I miss everything. 
Just as quickly as I felt sad, I also felt happy. I'm so happy that even though we live in ca, my girls go to a school surrounded by farms on every side. We live where there are lots of God fearing, Christian people who share many of our beliefs and values. We live where there are farms as far as the eye can see and in a climate where you can grow just about anything. If you've gotta live in California, this is the place to be. 

No comments: