Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dalton and Syd

It is really late at night and I can hardly keep my eyes open but I decided that I have got to start somewhere. I have got to start writing some things down about Dalton and Syd because they are growing up so fast and I have not done a good job at writing all of the cute things down about them. So, here is what I thought of tonight:

Dalton is obsessed with cars, trucks, tractors, trains, anything that moves really. He is SUCH a boy and I love it. He laughs at himself when he burps, etc. He knows how to push his sister's buttons. He made Syd so mad at dinner tonight because he was saying, "Bye Bye NeeNee". She said, "no go away"! He kept saying it over and over again and she was getting SO mad! Usually it is her bossing him around so I was glad to see it.
He is a stubborn little thing. He refuses to say he is sorry. He has spend SO much time in his bed being punished and he doesn't even care. Brett spanked him 3 times tonight and he would not tell Saige sorry for hitting her with his toy. In the end, Saige was sitting on the kitchen floor crying and yelling at Brett to not spank him again. I started laughing, and they crying as I remembered how fiercely she stuck up for Madi when they were little and she was getting punished. Saige is SO tenderhearted.
Dalton loves the "beautiful boy" song and sings it SO cute! He gets so excited when it comes on and he sings it with lots of voice fluctuations. 
He loves daddy's truck and Brett just started a thing where he holds the keys in his hands and when Dalton tell's his truck "hi" it honks back at him. You should see the look on his face when it honks-cutest thing you have ever seen.
My favorite thing that he does right now is whenever I tell him to go look at something or remind him of something that he wants to do he says, "OH, YEA!" Likes its the most exciting thing that has ever happened to anyone in the whole world.
He is "daddy's boy". I always say, "you are mommy's boy and he always says, "NO! DADDY'S BOY!"
He HATES anything on his feet when he is sleeping. If I try to cover his legs with a blanket he immediately kicks it off-even if he is sound asleep. 
He calls letters, " o  e's" and he tells me that whenever he sees letters. He can count to ten. My favorite word that he says right now is motorcycle. 

Syd is so spunky. She is my rollercoaster. She can be the cutest little thing and then the craziest little thing you have ever seen in a matter of seconds. We are in the middle of a hot Bakersfield summer right now and she has to sleep with 3 blankets. Whenever she comes out of her room, she is packing all 3 and her puppy and she says, "heavy. heavy" She wants to do EVERYTHING that her sisters are doing and it is so fun to watch her copy them. She is obsessed with the song, "I am a child of God" and she sings it so cute. She sounds chinese when she sings it. SO funny!
Most of the time she is a mommy's girl but whenever I say, "that's mommy's Sydney". She says, "NO! Daddy's Sydney."
But, if Brett comes in to her room at bedtime she puts her hands over the spot when I lay and says, "NO-mommy lay down"!
She gets so funny when someone comes to the door. When the door bell gets rung she tells us for 2-3 days after, "somebody ding dong".
She knows if I get out of my pjs during the day that I'm going somewhere so she doesn't let me out of her sight. If I put my shoes on (even just flip flops) she tells me to  "take it off"!
She says, cank for can't. She has bee potty training lately (I hope to do a blog post on that soon) but she will not go poop on the potty. When I tell her to try to do poo she says, "I cank. Really hard. I push the button". Then she pushes her belly button and grunts really loud. I still laugh every time!

No comments: