Monday, August 25, 2014

You're Welcome

Tonight we had FHE and it was Dalton's turn to say the prayer (after we had a pretty wild game of "duck, duck, goose"!). He said, "Dear Heavenly Father...thank you for this day"
Syd said without skipping a beat, "You're Welcome"!
I was the first to burst out laughing.

A few months ago we were in church and we were sitting towards the back when Jeremiah Burnett walked in, passed us, and went up to sit on the stand. Dalton noticed him right away and said, "Hey! There's my Heavenly Father! He takes me to nursery sometimes"! We were sitting right behind Chase and Gloria VanOrden and we were all laughing our heads off. The kids have hated nursery since we moved to Idaho and Brett and I both have to drop them off and run to Primary so Jeremiah goes in and helps Dalton to be ok. He's even brought him into primary a few times and he sits there so quietly on his lap.

Syd HATES nicknames. Don't call her blue eyes or pretty girl or she will bite your head off. She also hates her middle name (J) so don't call her Sydney J either. She gets crazy mad!

We have been having major potty training issues lately. Dalton refuses to do it now. Makes me wish I would have tried harder back in March when he was doing so good. Anyway, we have been trying to get him excited about it again so Brett has been showing him that boys can stand up to pee. Well, not only is he still not interested, now Sydney thinks that she should get to stand up too because "it's not fair"!
I've been trying to bribe Dalton into going poo in the potty. I've promised to take him lots of cool places and buy him lots of cool things. I think he's getting sick of it because the other day I said to him, "Where do you want to go? I will take you anywhere! What can I buy you. I will buy you anything you want"!
He responded in a very mean voice, "I DON'T WANT NOTHIN'. AND I DON'T WANT TO GO ANYWHERE"!
I guess I had better lay off for awhile.

I just remembered that Dalton used to pretend to take our pictures with toy camera phones and he would say, "I smile you"!

No comments: