Wednesday, May 21, 2014

GET OVER HERE....

The other day we were all working in the yard and I had to go into town for something. Everyone knew I was leaving for a minute but when I got back Dalton didn't see me pull in. I got out of the van and was walking in the driveway when he came around the corner on his bike. When he saw me he said, "Hey! I didn't know you were home...get over here and give me a squeeze!"
It's not always a bad thing when your kids repeat the things that they hear you say!

They love the letter factory shows and especially the one that has a song about punctuation. It goes like this, "Punc punc, punc punctuation."
They sing it like this, "punc punc, punc punc u dation"!
I noticed this last time they sang it though that they are saying it correctly now. Makes me sad. They are growing up. The other thing that Dalton repeats from that song is, "Make yours point'! He adds the s at the end of your. He picks punctuation out of every book we read now and it is so cute. Those videos are a gold mine for teaching kids letters, etc.

Today we went to Boise for the day. The kids are officially out of school for the summer (they get out really early here in Idaho). I had some errands to run (Costco, etc.) and I found this really great play place right by Costco. They had SO much fun and ran the entire hour and a half that we were there. It was so fun to watch the older kids chase the younger kids and visa versa. They had so much fun together and laughed so much. I think Boise might still be in school because we practically had the whole place to ourselves. It was a fun day. And now I'm exhausted. Costco with 4 kids wears me out.
Oh...this happened too. I ran into Great Harvest to get a loaf of bread-REALLY Quick so I left the kids in the car and had them lock the doors. This old man followed me into the store and proceeded to lecture me (at the top of his lungs) about leaving my kids in the car. He said, "It would only take 2 seconds for something to happen to your kids!"
I said, "The doors are locked".
He said, "I could break that window in 2 seconds"!
I said, "YOU BETTER NOT"!
He said, "I'm not going to but someone else might".
Then he walked out of the store still yelling at me. The cashier was so embarrassed and must have known him because she apologized for him and said, "He's really grouchy today".
I told her what I tell everyone else who has advice for me, "next time he has 2 sets of twins he can give me parenting advice. Until then, mind your own business."
I do mean that but he did make me feel like a crappy mom for a minute. I would NEVER do anything to put my children in danger. I love them fiercely!

One other thing...on our way to Boise I got a phone call from the Mountain Home Parks and Rec office to tell me that Madisen won a coloring contest and they would be sending her $20 in the mail! She was SO SO SO excited and couldn't quit talking about it all day. She really is a pretty good artist and we are excited for her!
Here is her winning picture:



No comments: