I have a few funny stories about Syd I need to write down before I forget them.
We were sitting in church yesterday and there was a lady on the stand (Testimony Meeting) talking about her dad that had just died. Syd leaned over to me and said, "why is she crying?"
I said, "Because her dad just died."
She said, "Oooohhh (in a very sympathetic voice). Did he get bit by a snake?"
I couldn't stop laughing.
The other day she said that she was going to tell me about Joseph Smith. She said, "Joseph Smith didn't know what church to join. He went into the woods to pray. Heavenly father came and told him that he could join ANY CHURCH HE WANTED."
It was SO cute because she was so confident that she knew the story and she did know most of it. It made me think about how repetition in the church is so important. Even we as adults think we know a lot of stuff and sometimes we are missing a really key thing that we won't pick up on until the next time we hear the same story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment