Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thick Skin-Fall 2016

A few cute stories from the kids I don't want to forget.

I went to time out for women in October with my Mom, Stef, and Aunt Laurie. I will write more on the other blog and I have a few pictures but just as I was getting ready to leave, Dalton was kinda crying and saying that he didn't want me to leave. I grabbed his little cheeks and said, "I am going to Vegas to take some classes on how to be a better mom."
From across the room Syd said, "Ya-you're not the best mom in the world."
Thinking on my feet I said, "Why don't you go find the best mom in the world and go live with her".
She said, "It's Grandma-she's the best one".
I agree

Brett and I went to a vet conference in Ohio in November and before we left Syd said, "Why does dad have to go to Ohio?"
I explained to her that dad still has to take classes on new things they have come out with since he left school.
She said, "Do you have to take classes for your job? Wait! What is your job?"
I told her that besides being a mom I am also qualified to be an office manager and I don't have to take continuing ed classes for those things.
She said, "Oh-so your job's not as important as dad's?"
Nope-I guess it's not.

You have to have some pretty thick skin to be around Syd.

Speaking of that I just remembered another one. When we first moved here we were over visiting my Grandparents. Grandpa was telling someone a story and she climbed up and sat on his lap looking at him very intently. I thought it was so cute until she said, "Hey-what's wrong with your face?!!"
He has a big sore on his face that he REALLY needs to go get checked out. Big surprise-he won't go to the doctor. Typical Grandpa. He is stubborn that way.

Syd isn't the only funny one. I have some good one's on Dalton too!

I few months ago on Sharing Time they were talking about the Word of Wisdom and things that are good for us and things that are not. One of the kids drew a card that said, "inappropriate internet and video games". Dalton yelled, "I LOVE THOSE!"
He loves to play on his dad's phone.
The next card that was drawn said, "Bad drinks."
Dalton said, "My dad has a bad drink every day in his truck!" (caffene)
It was an eventful day in Primary.

Yesterday we were putting up some Christmas decorations and he said, "I'm going to be so sad when Christmas is over".
It's still November but he's already thinking about it. So much like me! Of all my kids he gets excited the most about every holiday. He LOVES holidays!

We had everyone for Thanksgiving this year and we had such a great time spending time together. When Jess and her family were getting ready to leave he kept bugging me about finding his wallet. I was trying to say goodbye and he was getting really impatient. I finally found it for him and he followed Jess out to the car and said he wanted to give her some money for coming. She refused and he came back inside. A few minutes later he brought me a quarter and said, "This is for you for letting our cousins come".
So cute! I don't if he just see's us all exchange money for stuff when we are getting ready to leave or what but I thought it was pretty cute.

No comments: