Today I remembered a really cute thing that the girls used to do and I thought I'd better write it down before I forget again. When they were about 1 1/2 and we moved to CA, we put their cribs end to end in the trailer that we lived in. They have always loved books and when I would put them down for a nap I would let them each pick out 4 or 5 books that they could read while they were settling down. They would lay on their backs and hold the books over their heads and look at the pictures. When one of them was finished looking at their books they would stand and the end of the crib and say, "trade". The other one would then get up and they would pass their books back and forth through the bars of the crib. Trade was one of the first words that they could say. I must have said it to them a lot when they were little. I am glad they learned to trade at such an early age.
We had a monitor set up in their room until they were about 3 years old. We kept it up so long-not because we were worried about their safety-because we loved listening in on their conversations. They would laugh and giggle at funny things each other would do. They would make up funny songs together (wig wig wig wig, a gaid a gai go), say funny things to each other and come up with the craziest things. I wish the monitor would have had a recorder on it-there would be some very funny stuff to listen to. I hope I can remember some more of it and write it down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment