Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's been awhile

Wow-time really flies when you don't keep up with your journaling. We have been busy and traveling. We went to Utah for a week and a half. Nicole was here the week before that. Since we've been back I have had a hard time settling back into our routine. Seems like when I get back from a trip I am bombarded with bills to pay, business stuff to catch up on, mail to go through, house to clean, laundry to do, unpacking, etc. I am not planning any big trips again for awhile so maybe I will be better at this. Which also makes me very sad because we aren't going home this year for Christmas. I don't think I will ever get to the point where I don't want to go home for Christmas. There really is nothing like it. When I am 50 and my kids want to come home for Christmas I am going to tell them not to bother. We will just meet in Circleville. I am going to start crying just thinking about it so I better start writing about something else.
When we were in Utah it snowed. The girls thought it was the coolest thing ever and wondered if it was Christmas! Grandpa wasn't so excited because he still had about 15 loads of potatoes in the ground and A LOT of hay down. Luckily it warmed up again and they were able to get most of the farm work done. It is such a long drive and we were glad to be back. Saige got sick and threw up for 2 days. We had a baby shower for Stef and it was good. She got so many cute things. It was a lot of work for my mom though. I think we fed around 100 people. We sent out 125 invitations. It is hard to do things like that in such a small town because everyone is related somehow and people get offended easily if you don't invited them. So, you end up inviting almost everyone. We are so excited for Stef. I can't wait for her to get her baby here. I can't wait to see who she looks like and have Stef know what it is like to be a mom. She is going to love it.
We had a great time with Nicole. We went to Disneyland and then just hung out here. She taught us to play 2 fun new games called Ticket to Ride and Snorta. Snorta is fun because the girls can play too and they love to play it.
On the 4th Brett and I (and Sonya, Don, Matt, and Laurie) went down to Pasadena to watch WSU play UCLA. It was so fun to be there at the Rose Bowl Stadium. WSU sucks this year but it was still a lot of fun. I absolutly LOVE college football and I can't wait till WSU gets good again so we can go watch them play USC at the Collusiem and actually have a chance at winning.

No comments: