Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thought for the day...

Not much happened today to write about, but I did have one thought I would like to share. I listened to the RS Broadcast today (thank Heavens for the Internet!) and it was really good. President Uchtdorf spoke about service and he gave a great thought. He told a story about President Hinckley. He was speaking to a young women who had just lost her husband and he said, "Work will cure your grief-serve others." This story is so neat because he said this soon after his own wife had passed away. What a great example. I think service could cure a lot of things if we would just get to work! Think of what the world would be like if we all did a little bit more service.

Tomorrow Nicole Reynolds is flying in for a visit. We are so excited. She is such a great friend and has really made an effort to keep in touch and visit me. I love her. She has never been to Disneyland so we are picking her up in Burbank tomorrow and then on Tuesday we will go to Disney. Hopefully it won't be too crowded (yeah, right!).

No comments: