I am really grumpy tonight. Today we finally found a house we both liked with a good sized yard, with a pool, with plenty of room inside the house and the house was in good condition in a very nice neighborhood. The moment we saw it we knew we wanted to make an offer. So, we called our friend, Richard Phillips to come over and check it out for us. He is a home builder so we were hoping he could see some things that we weren't looking for. While we were looking the second time, our realtor comes to tell us that there has already been an accepted offer on the house and that there were several back-up offers as well. We are seriously so down about it. Not just this house but the whole process. We are starting to think that if it is this hard, maybe we aren't supposed to buy a house in Bakersfield at all. It doesn't make sense, though. Right now it doesn't make financial sense to rent, we still feel like we should be here, Brett still thinks this job and area are right for now. So, what do we do? All I know is...I am so very sick of looking at houses.
On a happier note, the girls saw the dentist for the first time today. They were so nervous to go and I thought the whole experience was going to be a nightmare. I didn't even think they would let the dentist look at their teeth. We went to a pediatric dentist that Chad and Nicola recommended and it was great! The girls LOVED it. The staff were so good with kids and made the whole experience seem like it was a trip to Disneyland. They did so great-no cavities but they said that their mouths are so little and their teeth are so crammed in there. Looks like we are going to have massive orthodontist bills when they get older. I kind of figured it would be that way with my history (braces twice). I was hoping they would get Brett's teeth but it looks like they got it from me. Madi also has a crazy bite. She shifts her bottom jaw when she closes her mouth so her teeth don't line up right. I am hoping that it self-corrects when her adult teeth come in but she may have to have a special retainer for that as well. It is making her front teeth chip.
The bad ending of this story-the bill. It was over $500. I nearly died when they told me how much I owed. Oh well, no one ever said that having kids was cheap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment