I haven't written for a few days. Things have been a bit crazy around here. Brett left for AABP in Charlotte on Wednesday so I have been holding down the fort. I have been doing a lousy job though. I have a horrible head cold and sore throat. The girls and I were supposed to go to Vegas and meet Chance there. Then go to Stef's baby shower that her in-laws were throwing her. I was so bummed when I woke up Friday morning and my eyes were watering (and my nose too) and I was so congested. I knew then that I couldn't do that drive. It is good we didn't go-I have been pretty miserable all weekend. I hope the girls don't get it.
Saige said a funny thing to me today. I was brushing my teeth and she said, "Mom, your tummy is getting so big."
Which would be fine for her to say if I was pregnant! But, I am not! I said, "Why would you say that?
She said, "Because of all of that food you have been eating!"
Guess it is time for me to cut back and try to exercise more. The funny thing is that she is so tender hearted. She would never say anything to hurt my feelings. She is just so honest and innocent. She really is so affectionate and loving. If Brett even pretends to cry about something as a joke she just starts sobbing. She can't stand it if someone else is hurting (except her sister, when they are fighting). But if Brett and I are trying to discipline Madi she stands up for her and then starts crying and saying things like, "Don't say that to her-she is my sister!" They both do this. They defend each other so strongly. It is so cute and makes it really hard for us to get mad at either of them because they both usually end up crying and upset. Such sweet girls.
Curious Madi asked me yesterday when we were going to get a baby brother for her. Then she wanted to know how the baby get's into the tummy. When I told her that Heavenly Father just puts it there, she wanted to know how! The day is an endless stream of questions from my Madisen. My answers never seem to satisfy her. Whenever we sit down to read a book, Saige just sits there and listens so quietly. Madi askes a thousand questions. "Who is that guy? Is he mean? Why did she say that? What does that mean?" It is good because she wants to learn but it is a bit frustrating for me. Mostly because I never know the answers and I have to say, "I don't know" a hundred times a day. Having these smart girls has made me realize how little I really know. I don't know the answers to so many of their questions about life and the gospel. Questions like, "Where is Heaven? How do we get there? When will we go there? Does the Holy Ghost fly? Why did the people kill Jesus? etc. Even though this makes me feel so stupid, it also makes me realize that I do have a small ounce of faith. I have faith that the Lord will just make everything work out. If we live the way we know we should, he will find a way for us to get to Heaven. He will take us there at the right time in our lives. Someday we will know if the Holy Ghost flies or not. It is nice to know that I don't have to worry about these things. As long as I have faith in Jesus and try to live the Gospel, he will make everything work out the way it is supposed to and we will eventually know the answers. I hope that is something that I can teach my kids. Just have Faith in Jesus and he will make everything that we don't understand work out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment