Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Little Red Hen

I had two stories that I needed to write about and at the moment I can only remember one of them. Guess I better type it up before I forget this one too!

The girls have been doing SO well with reading lately. I can't believe how quickly they have picked it up (especially with so little effort on my part). It was almost as if it was something they were just blessed with after they turned 5. Weird.
Anyway, they have been reading to themselves lately and I haven't been paying much attention to what they have been reading. One of the stories they must have been looking at was "The Little Red Hen". Madi stopped me in the kitchen the other day and said, "Mom, I've been thinking about the little red hen. I think if I was the little red hen, I still would have shared the bread-even if no one helped me make it."
I was, of course, as proud as I could be and said, "that is exactly what Heavenly Father would want you to do."
Then the kicker... "Mom, what would you do?"
I, of course, answered, "I would do the same as you Madi."
Then after some thought I decided some repenting was needed. I can't truly say that I would share. Not because I am selfish but because I believe that everyone needs to help and work. I need to be more like Madi and less like the Little Red Hen-that's what my Heavenly Father would want ME to do.

No comments: