The girls had their kindergarten registration this week. They got into that school that we wanted them to (Rio Bravo). It has all day kindergarten. They had to meet with one of the teachers and he asked them questions to find out if they are ready to go to school. They knew everything-it was pretty fun to watch. I bet my smile was so huge-I was so proud of them. He was asking them questions that he thought they wouldn't know for sure and they got them all right. I didn't tell him that they can already read. I will save that surprise for the first day of school! It seems so weird to be sending them to school. It wouldn't be a big deal if I was sending them to CV elementary because I would know everyone there. But, I am sending them to a place where I don't know ANYONE. It is pretty scary. We are also going to split them up into two different classes. Saige is more sad about that then Madisen. It breaks my heart to do it to them but they really do need it. They rely on each other way too much.
Madi gave the scripture in Primary today. It was so cute. They told her that she could pick the scripture and she told me that she wanted to do one about Jesus' resurrection. So, I had her do Luke 24:6 (just the first part).
I can't believe the gospel questions that I get from them. The other day they asked me about the plagues that happened to Moses and Pharaoh. Well, try explaining to some very curious 5 year olds that they had to kill a lamb and wipe its blood on the doorway or the firstborn child would be killed during the night. The more questions they ask me, the more I realize that I do not know the gospel very good. I hope I don't screw them up too bad!
Brett had a busy day today. He had presidency meeting before church, had to speak in sacrament, had to teach the lesson in YM, and had to go home teaching (his families and a few others). During sacrament though, the Bishop completely changed the program last minute and he didn't have to speak. Which, I would say is a bad thing. The only thing that gets me up on the stand is knowing that it will soon be over. Now he has to worry about it for a few more weeks!
As for me, I just started the medicine that is supposed to make me crazy. Brett has to give me shots every night in the leg. They don't hurt too bad but it still isn't fun. Later on, there are other shots that are supposed to hurt much worse. I have lots to look forward to. So far, though, I haven't had too many problems with side effects. I had a terrible headache before church today but it went away. I just keep hoping that things don't get as bad as I have heard they will! Starting next week I have to go down to Pasadena a lot (like every other day) for Dr. appointments. So, I am sending the girls up to be with my mom. They are SO excited and it will be so much easier on me to not have to try to find a babysitter for them that often. I don't know what I would do without my mom.
We were able to go to the Temple last night. We got a babysitter and went down to LA. It was fun to be able to do a session together. There weren't very many people in our session. Only like 15. It was pretty pathetic. We really need to get down there more often. Afterword, we went to dinner in Valencia at Wood Ranch. We had never been there before and the food was Delicious!!! We had a good time. Elizabeth White was able to babysit for us. The girls had SO much fun with her.
Well, that was our week.
No comments:
Post a Comment