I have been THE WORST at blogging lately. I know that I will regret not writing more about this pregnancy. Whenever I read back through my journals and blog posts I always wish that I would have written more and given more details and explained better how I felt at the time. Maybe that is why I haven't been writing. I haven't been feeling great and don't want to remember that! I also don't want my kids to know how big of a complainer I am when I am pregnant. However, someday when my girls are having babies, they might want to know what it was like for me and I assure you that I will do everything to forget!! So, I will start with the negatives and end with the positives:
NEGATIVES:
*Where do I start? I wish there was an easier way to get children than being pregnant. I often think that Heavenly Father could have made it a lot easier on us and don't know why he didn't. When ever I express that thought my Dad says, "You can thank Mother Eve for that". It really bugs me when he says that. My body does really weird things during pregnancy. Here are a few of them.
*My face, neck, chest, and shoulders get these weird red dots all over them. I even have one on my bottom eyelid, right above my eyelashes. Strange. They appeared when I was pregnant with the girls and it happened again this time. The good news is...most of them went away last time. I am hoping for the same luck this time. Stef told me that she had the same thing too. I haven't read about it in any of the pregnancy books (not that I have read that many) so I think it is strange.
*I get a spot (my dentist called it a pregnancy tumor) on my gums (just in one place) that bleeds a lot. Whenever I brush my teeth or even run my tongue over it, it bleeds quite a bit. With the girls, it was on my right side on the bottom. When I was on magnesium with them, I would wake up to a blood soaked pillow from it bleeding in the night. This time it is on the top, right in between my two front teeth. It is ugly and looks like an abscess but the last time it went away and I am hopeful that it will go away again.
*I get horrible stretch marks. Not fun!
*I get horrible morning sickness. Went away with girls at 20 weeks. This time it was around 18 weeks.
*This time I had horrible migraines from around 15-24 weeks.
*At about 20 weeks my ribs start hurting so bad that it is too painful to lay on my sides. Which is very inconvenient because at this point you can't lay on your stomach and you are not supposed to lay on your back. So, this is the point where I stop sleeping. I spend a lot of the night sitting up in our blue recliner. It doesn't make any sense because it is just below my armpits which is something that shouldn't be hurting from pregnancy. But IT DOES! Very painful. A few weeks later, my ribs start to feel like they are crushing my lungs, making it hard to breathe. I swear it feels like my ribs are broken.
*I get major leg cramps, charlie horses I think. I have to wake Brett up sometimes in the middle of the night to rub them because it is so painful. It went away this time at around 26 weeks.
*My whole body throbs. It feels like there is a heart EVERYWHERE in my body-my toes, hands, head, legs, arms, etc. I lay down on my pillow at night and my ear throbs so loud that I can't sleep. The only thing that I think explains this is that your heart has to pump so much more blood when you are pregnant and since I am having twins it is pumping 3 times as hard.
There are more but I want this to be a positive post.
One of my favorite things are feeling the babies move. This time has been even more fun because when they are moving, I call the girls over and they get to feel them. It has been great. The girls love it. They sing to my stomach and rub it and talk to them. This has been my favorite thing this time.
I love to have lots of ultrasounds and the babies have been so fun to watch. Baby girl (A) is sort of crammed down in the bottom. Every time we see them on the screen she is stuck and looks very uncomfortable. Baby boy (B) has all the room in the world on top of her and it seems like he is loving squishing her! One time she had her knees at her face and she was trying to kick her off of him (kicking above her head). She looked so uncomfortable! Brett gets claustrophobic just thinking about them both being crammed in here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment