I have tried so hard in the past to keep a journal and lets face it-I have failed miserably! I am hoping it will work better in this format. I am so much better at typing than writing and I am literally on this computer 24/7 so I am hoping to make time to write. For now it is open to just Brett and I. We have another blog but so many people can view it (and I like it that way so we can reconnect with old friends). I feel weird expressing my real feelings and writing personal stories on a blog where everyone can read it. So, here is the 'real' blog where we hold nothing back! I want to remember these special times with my children and since I can't remember things from one day to the next I really need to start writing it all down.
I found this great quote from a talk given by President Spencer W. Kimball on keeping a journal, "Begin today and write in it your goings and your comings, your deeper thoughts, your achievements, and your failures, your associations and your triumphs, your impressions and your testimonies. We hope you will do this, our brothers and sisters, for this is what the Lord has commanded, and those who keep a personal journal are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives."
I don't know if this will ever be important to anyone in my posterity. I do know that I would give anything to have the journal of my Grandma Henrie. I would love to know how she survived life with twins. I would love to here her honest stories about how hard it was for her, her trials, her triumphs, etc. She kept a wonderful personal history but I want to know the little things that she probably felt no one needed to ever know. So, here is another attempt at keeping a journal. Hopefully it will benefit someone in the future. But if not, I just want to be able to keep these memories of my family because life is flying by and won't be able remember it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment