Brett had to work today so I did the church thing alone. He is so busy lately because they are doing 2 pfizer drug studies so he has had crazy hours and has been super busy. The girls were very good for me in Sacrament meeting but were sad when Sister Hubble (their primary teacher) wasn't there. I was alone in nursery (my new calling) with 10 screaming children. I am not going to lie-I don't love it but they said that it is only a calling they leave people in for a year so I am counting down the weeks! Thank heavens for Kelly Phillips who came and saved me 3rd hour. It got crazy then and I wouldn't have been able to keep it under control without her. The good thing is that my BFF in the ward is in there with me, Laurie Woodruff. Thank heavens!
After Brett got home tonight we took down the trampoline because it was falling apart. Not a good Sunday activity. But, today was the first day in a long time that it didn't go over 100 degrees so since we were outside enjoying the weather we thought we would get a bit of work done. This isn't a regular occurrence. We usually do try to keep the Sabbath day holy. I was sad to see it go but we bought it from the Mapps at their yard sale for $25 so we got some good use out of it. I told Brett that we have to get a new one once we get into a house. The girls spent hours on it and it will be a great thing to do once it cools down.
Brett is the ward mission leader so the sister missionaries came over tonight for a meeting. The girls and I are going swimming at Ryan's house tomorrow (Chad and Nicola's son). They are moving from their house and so we are going to enjoy their pool for the last time. I can't believe it is September already. I am so excited for the fall to come so we can get back outside!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment