So today is my birthday and I just wanted to quickly write that my dad was the first one to call me this morning. I don't know why that means so much to me or why I feel like I need to write this down but here it is.
We are so excited for Christmas time. The girls are singing all of the Christmas songs along with the radio. Saige's favorite this year is, "simply, having, a wonderful Christmas time." Madi's is the song from the Polar Express movie called, "When Christmas Comes to Town".
Saige wants a volleyball.
Madi wants slippers and a new nightgown.
Hopefully Santa will know where to find us since we won't be in Utah this year. It is weird to have Christmas without snow.
We have all been sick this week. Saige has been throwing up(but no fever!). I have had a cold. Kids have diarrhea. Both Brett and I have upset stomachs so we are eating nothing but water and toast in hopes that we don't have to throw up! Hopefully we can feel better for Christmas tomorrow.
I thought of a funny Christmas memory today that I wanted to write down. One year when I was around 8 all I wanted was this tent thing that sits on top of your bed (sort-of like a canopy). Anyway, I didn't get it and it wasn't like I was crushed or anything but I did REALLY want one.
Fast forward about 10 years.
I was in the basement one time looking for something that mom needed. Before they made Stef's room downstairs, it was two long, skinny rooms. That is where I was looking in some old cabinets. Guess what I found-the bed tent. It was just the one that I had wanted for Christmas that year. I took it upstairs and asked my mom, "What is this?"
She looked at it and said, "I'm not sure".
I said, "I know what it is...it is my Christmas present from when I was 8 years old".
We both started laughing and thought it was pretty funny. That is so like my mom. She hides things from herself all of the time. She always forgets where she has put things. The worst thing about this whole story is that I have picked up this trait of my mothers (among so many others)! I frequently forget where I have hidden things and when I find them, I always think of the "Almost" best Christmas present ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment