Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Story Catch-up December 8, 2008

Today M & S had their 4 year old check-ups. They both did really well and were brave for their shots (especially Madi-she really did cry much and even went after seeing them give Saige her shots).
Stats:
Madisen
weighed 33 1/2 lbs.
40 inches tall

Saige
weighed 33 3/4 lbs.
40 1/2 inches tall

This is the first time ever that Saige has weighed more that Madi. I am so happy at how they have grown and caught up after being so small at birth.
When people ask them who is older of the two Madi says, "I am the oldest".
Saige says, "and I am the tallest"!

The doctor took one look at Madi's throat and said, "does she snore?"
I couldn't believe that he could take one look at her and know that.
He told me that her tonsils are large and she needs to have them out. He started listing things and asking me if she does any of these:
Is she grumpy and tired during the day?
Does she take a long time to eat?
Does she prefer liquids to solid foods?
Does she have trouble breathing at night?
My answers were yes to all and it started explaining so much about her. We have been really worried about her at night because she acts like she can't get enough air when she is sleeping. Brett and I feel TERRIBLE about how we have treated her sometimes. We get very impatient with her around meal times because she chews her food for a really long time and doesn't eat very fast. I am glad we found this out so that we can get her tonsils out and she can start to feel better.

No comments: