I found this on my old hard drive and thought it was worth posting since it was written by my mom. She came to stay with us in Jan 06 while Brett was at the Caine center. She had to give a talk in one of the Panguitch Ward's Young Women's New Beginnings and was trying to write her talk while taking care of us. This must have been her opener. I thought it would be fun to post to see things from her perspective instead of mine for a change.
"Needless to say, this past month for me has been changing lots of diapers, fixing meals like macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, jello trying new vegetables like cooked carrots, peas green beans, and of course oatmeal with a fresh banana mashed up in it. We would try a new vegetable and to our dismay they would either open wide as to say they loved it or I would get the closed mouth treatment, and that would be the end of that. It is quite evident that each one has certain likes and dislikes already. While I was there, it snowed and that just happened to be the day that we took them out to an appointment. It was fun to see them look at the snow with such a sparkle in their eye; they were so excited to see the outside world, if only for a moment. I have come to be quite familiar with; Winnie the Pooh, Spot, and Alice in Wonderland."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment