The girls always ask to hear stories about when I was a little girl. Too bad I don't remember much! The one they always have questions about (and Madi worries about!) is the one about bats.
When I was little and would go watch Holly and Ruth play volleyball, there were always bats in the old gym at Piute. I remember one game when all of the older boys went to the locker room and found some badminton rackets and began smashing the bats.
Fast forward about 10 years...
When I went to high school, the bats were still around! When I was either a Sophomore or Junior they got really bad. We would have to put our books over our head and run down the hallways to get to class because the bats were there circling and swooping down at us. It was chaotic!
We had to cancel volleyball practice a few times because they were swooping down at us and got pretty low. We would have contests to see who could hit a bat while serving the ball!
Brett doesn't believe this story so I thought I'd write it down for the record to let you know that it is absolutely TRUE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment