Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sleepy time

Things I want to remember
How they fall asleep (and have fallen asleep since they were babies):
When Madisen would get tired, she would roll on her side (always the side the wall was/is on) and stare at it until I thought her eyes were going to dry out completely! Then all of the sudden, her eyes would start to open and close really slowly. Then, she would drift off to sleep. At this point, she is out cold! One more thing that I love is that when I get Madisen up to go potty in the middle of the night, she scratches her belly forever and she does it really hard. It always looks like it hurts but she does it EVERY NIGHT!
Saige, on the other hand, sleeps just like her dad. She stuffs her blanket between her legs, and rubs her feet together. Then (unlike Brett!) she tosses and turns ALOT while rubbing her 'special spot' on her blanket. This 'special spot' as we call it is the binding on her silky blanket that Great-Grandma Remund made her. What she thinks is rubbing is actually her pulling the binding apart. The binding now has several holes in it and every night the holes get a bit bigger. It isn't going to last much longer.

No comments: