However, I wrote down a few things in church that I don't want to forget, so that is what I am going to write about today.
#1
I just want to remember how great my girls are at this age in church. For the last 2 years they have been very reverent, very sweet during Sacrament meeting (and I am told in Primary as well). Madi gets especially sweet with me. She all of the sudden wants to cuddle with me and tell me how much she loves me (over and over). This makes my stressful Sundays seem so much better.
#2
While the girls were eating their raisins during church today (our weekly snack; we are lucky that they still think raisins are a 'treat'!) I was reminded that when they were little, they thought the lady on the raisin box was my mom. It was so cute! Every time I would give them raisins, they would point to the box and say, "Grammy"!
What do you think?

#3
Kristi Woodruff gave a great lesson on the Temple today in Relief Society and told the story of some women in Africa who walked for days and days through the jungle to renew their Temple Recommend-even though there was no temple for them to attend. This made me think of a story about my Aunt Ruby.
Aunt Ruby lived on the corner, just down from Grandma Ann's. She was really old and was pretty much home bound. Her hearing was terrible. I remember one time, I was helping Holly deliver her High School Graduation announcements and I took one to Aunt Ruby's. I knew she was home because her t.v. was on very loud. So, I knocked, and pushed the door open. She was sitting on the floor directly in front of the t.v. I said, "Aunt Ruby".
No response.
Again, and louder this time, I yelled, "Aunt Ruby".
No response.
I moved closer and yelled even louder, "Aunt Ruby"!
She looked at me and started screaming. I started screaming. We had scared each other and I had a hard time wanting to go back to her house after that!
Anyway, when my dad was the Bishop of our ward, he was dressed up and leaving one day and I asked him where he was going. He said that he was going to do a Temple Interview for Aunt Ruby. I started laughing and said, "what for? She can't even leave her house-she can't even get to the Temple. "
He looked at me very seriously and said, "she wants to always be worthy to be in possession of a recommend."
I figured from then on that the Temple much be a pretty special place.
No comments:
Post a Comment