Monday, August 24, 2009

Organ Donor

I realize this is a very weird post. Probably one of the reasons I have this private blog (journal) is so that I can write stuff like this without other people seeing it. I am signed up to be an organ donor. It does make me a little bit uncomfortable to think about (so I don't normally think about it). The reason I am tonight is because I got a thing in the mail to update my information on the donor website. Anyway...I just want my family to know that if anything were to ever happen to me that I really do want to do this. I have seen movies (and I know that they are exaggerated Hollywood stuff that doesn't happen in real life) like John Q and Return to Me (one of my favorites by-the-way)but they make me want to be a donor. I just think that if Madisen or Saige were laying in a hospital bed waiting for a heart, I would be praying for everyone to sign up to be a donor.
I know that the chances of this ever being made known are rare but I do have one request:
If I do die, I want my cornias to go to my uncle Bryce. I know he has had cornia transplants before and I want him to have first dibs at them if he wants them! I have REALLY good eyes-only one in my family to not have contacts/glasses-I can see and read things miles away. I want him to be able to see well.
I shouldn't write this late at night-I come up with really random things!
UPDATE:
A week after I wrote this, I found out that my friend in our ward, Cynthia White, was just put on the list to have a double lung transplant. She is a 34-year-old mother of 2 who has never even been offered a cigarette in her life and she is dying. She is one of the most kind and genuine people I know, one of the best mother's I know, and one of the best members of the church that I know. Just one more reason to be an organ donor. Cynthia-if I die before you get another set-you can have my lungs. They are good (other than being totally out of shape). I have never smoked or done anything to make them bad. I sure hope you get better soon.

No comments: