Sunday, August 30, 2009

Never Lost

We had such a fun weekend. We were able to go down and stay in the L.A. Temple apartments. I attended the Friday night session and Brett the Saturday morning session. Then we went to the beach. We went to the Santa Monica Pier and spent the whole day. The weather was perfect and we had so much fun. The girls played on the beach and built a sand castle. Brett played with them most of the time so that I could just lay on my towel, under the umbrella and listen to the waves. There is something to peaceful and powerful about the ocean. Then we walked along the pier and let the girls ride a few rides. We ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and finished off our day with a funnel cake. It was a great weekend.
The best part of our weekend was something that Saige said while we were driving on Santa Monica Blvd. by the Temple. We play this little game with the girls whenever we are driving. We pretend to be lost and then we ask them for help in finding our way. I will say things like, "I think we are lost; which way should we turn now?".
We were doing this and Saige said, "This is from Church: you are never lost when you can see the Temple"!
Sure enough, the speaker in church last Sunday said those very words! I was shocked that she had been listening. Those words are more profound then she realizes. We truly are never lost when we can see the Temple.

When I was in the Celestial Room I started reading the story about Abraham's wife Sarah. It was very interesting. She didn't have a child until she was REALLY old. She was told that she would bear a child and she began to laugh. I love the response in Genesis 14:18 : "Is any thing too hard for the LORD?"
I have not had much faith that we will be able to have another baby and I feel like I have come to terms with that. I am so happy to have my girls. They are the two best kids that any parent has ever had. I am so luck to have them and I feel like I could never ask for anything more. If we never have any more kids I will be okay with that. However, after reading that, I realized that I need to have more faith that if the Lord wants us to have more, he will make a way. Because, truly, NOTHING is too hard for the Lord.

No comments: