Sunday, May 2, 2010

Headaches

Hello.
Here is my in-vetro update.
I have headaches.
Really big ones.
Everyday this week I have woken up at 4 am with a headache. If you know me, you know that it would take a pretty powerful headache to wake me up in the middle of the night. Well, they are. I woke up with such a bad one today that I couldn't even go to church. The light was really bothering me.
Other than that, I really can't complain. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would from the Lupron. I haven't had bad mood swings or hot flashes (although I have noticed that I am warmer than normal).
Tomorrow I go to Pasadena again. More blood will be drawn and an ultrasound will be done. Then they will give me instructions on how to give the Follistum and Menophur (sp?). I believe they are both injections-which will take me up to 3 injections a day. Things might get worse after that. I am on a countdown. Two more weeks and my eggs will be harvested and then only a few more days after that, fertilized eggs will be put back in me. Doesn't that sound fun?
I don't know why I am writing about this. Maybe because I will have to do it again and will want to remember what it is like? Maybe because someone close to me will have to do it too and I will have blocked it all out and wouldn't be able to tell them what I went through? Who knows. For now it just feels nice to have somewhere to vent, somewhere to express my thoughts without being judged, or giving out more information than I should to people who don't care!
Brett took the girls today and met my Mom and Dad in Mesquite. They are going to stay for 8-10 days and they were SO excited to go. It is so weird to not have them here. Although I have big plans of things to get done while they are gone I already miss them. Brett and I went on a bike ride tonight and that was a lot of fun. We just lazily rode through the Harvest Moon neighborhood across Heath road. It is SO nice in there. Lots of mature trees (=shade for the hot summers) and horse property. We decided that if we stay in Bakersfield long-term that we might like to build or buy in there someday. One more thing to start saving for!

No comments: