I said, "No"
He said, "too many to count!"
That night Brett gave me an HCG shot (which hurt really bad, by-the-way) so that 35 hours later the eggs would be easier to remove from my ovaries. Thursday night Brett and I went down and stayed in Pasadena. Kelsi had flown in on Thursday morning for what was supposed to be our anniversary get-away so she was taking care of the girls.
We just took it pretty easy, since I was in a lot of pain from my ovaries being so enlarged. We walked around old town and window shopped then ate at The Melting Pot. That was SO much fun and the food was great. The next morning was my egg retrieval. I was under anesthesia for that but when I woke up my stomach hurt so bad. I also couldn't quit crying which was making me really mad. It was so embarrassing. It was like I had no control over my emotions. We went back to the hotel and I laid down for a few hours. Then, we went to IKEA to get the girls some desks. It was too much walking for me but I was glad we got them so that we can keep the mess of papers, scissors, paper punches, crayons, etc. in their room. We then drove home and Kelsi and Brett stayed up really late putting them together so that they would wake up and see them the next morning.
I have been taking it pretty easy ever since. My stomach still hurts and I can't wear any of my normal clothes because it is still so big. I seriously look and feel like I am 4 months pregnant. I am nauseous, fat, tired all of the time, and irritable.
Saturday we got a call that the egg retrieval resulted in 13 eggs.
Today when we got there they told us that they fertilized 10 eggs, 8 of them worked, and that 7 were excellent quality. We were very happy with that because if this round doesn't work, we will have some frozen embryos to work with later. The embryologist suggested that we put 3 eggs in and the doctor told us that the pregnancy stats with 3 eggs would be 60-70 percent. We really didn't feel comfortable with putting in 3 eggs with our history. So, we put in two. The stats are only 30-40 percent that one of them will work. The stats don't take into consideration age, prior history, etc. though so we like to think that our chances are higher. We will know in 14 days whether it worked or not. For now I have to be on bed rest. I have been lying on the couch for 6 hours and I am already going crazy. It is one thing to choose to rest on the couch verses someone telling you that you have to rest on the couch. It is less luxurious than it sounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment